Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beautiful Scars

A year ago today my best friend left his paw print on my heart.



MR. OLIVER

Eric McFaden sings it best.



August 8, 2011

Dearest friend, today marks a year since I last held you, the pain is not as terrible but the scar is still there, I will go to my grave with it.

I hope you are happy and no longer suffering where ever you are. I hope someday we see each other again.

Your bed is still in the same spot it was where you left it. Your indentation, hairs...still there. I touch it, talk to it on occasion. It makes me feel better. I had a goal to put it away when the year of your death rolled around but I havent been able to bring myself to do that just yet.

Most of your things found a new home..except your favorite toy. I also watch your videos from time to time..not every night like I used to for weeks...they put a smile on my face.

You were the best friend anyone could have. I hope you forgive me for the times I didnt have the patience or was too rushed to pick you up, hold you...I wish I could have those moments back. I wish many things, most of all I wish you peace.

Love forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment